Author Topic: Splosh: journey to the end of the world (well england)  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Tinks

• USMC Committee '13
  • Forum addict!
    • View Profile
Re: Splosh: journey to the end of the world (well england)
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
Once I am able I will pay the 60. I am not really sure where to pay it.

You can find bank details here: http://www.surreyclimbs.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4782.msg120387
Pay online, and you must include 'USMC' in your reference + your name. Once you've paid, post your full reference on this thread.
Veni, Vidi, Ascendi.

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
  • I need to get out more!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 04:38:35 PM »
Once I am able I will pay the 60. I am not really sure where to pay it.

You can find bank details here: http://www.surreyclimbs.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4782.msg120387
Pay online, and you must include 'USMC' in your reference + your name. Once you've paid, post your full reference on this thread.
You have to be a member to see this section, I've updated Mr Browns profile to reflect this.
purveyor of tat...

Offline Adam W

• Master of bull!!
  • I'm watching you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 06:54:52 PM »
(with an extra space for whoever wants in - ambassador?) but if ubers going I'd rather be in that for all the banter.

Hmmmm. Should you be allowed in the uber tent considering what you did to Hannah's tent last year...
Find me on:

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »
Was it anything like what he did to my tend a number of annual dinners ago?
purveyor of tat...

Offline MegaDave

• USMC Committee '14
  • Far too much free time!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM »
No, I made it to the grass this time!

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
  • Mind like a cesspool, mouth like a drain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »
The grass in question still being within the boundaries of the tent though...
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 08:06:21 AM »
Better out than in
purveyor of tat...

Offline Weeman

• USMC Commitee '08!
  • Rock athlete
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 09:11:01 AM »
Better out than in

Yes, it would have been much better outside of the tent!
Many donkeys have tried to match wits with me, but almost all have failed.

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »
Maybe we should produce a helpful diagram for dave to study regarding optimum places to vomit on the campsite.

And then if he pukes in an incorrect place you apply standard dog training principles:
Shout his name
Kick his arse
Rub his nose in it

;)
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline MegaDave

• USMC Committee '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 01:35:37 PM »
You've mentioned this dog training principle many times and the humour in it goes down every single time.

paid, ref USMCDaveSplosh

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 01:48:24 PM »
Have paid 60 - USMC 128 NOVELTY
purveyor of tat...

Offline Dave

• USMC Commitee '10!
  • Spam lord!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
Maybe we should produce a helpful diagram for dave to study regarding optimum places to vomit on the campsite.

And then if he pukes in an incorrect place you apply standard dog training principles:
Shout his name
Kick his arse
Rub his nose in it

;)

Just force him to bivvy away from everyone then he is only sick on himself problem solved.
"climbing is like masturbation it feels good when you're doing it, but no one wants to hear about it"- Andy Kirkpatrick
"What single thing is the greatest obstacle between you and your climbing? Blank Rock" Leo Houlding

Offline tomlord

• USMC Newbie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »
***generic noises to indicate your attendance***

I'll sort out moneys this evening, hopefully. I can't really do it at work, as I don't know my online banking deets.

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
You've mentioned this dog training principle many times and the humour in it goes down every single time.

Doesn't make it less true though.

Also what bus dya want?
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline MegaDave

• USMC Committee '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 02:46:38 PM »
if I can load the bus the night before and the bus doesn't have to leave bang on five (maybe 10 past or something) then I can make the tuesday. if not whack me down for wednesday.

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »
People hoping to be in the UBER TENT!:

Can you please lend a few hours of your time on Saturday the 5th April to pitch the tent in Rubix. I want to check it's in serviceable condition before we drag it to Cornwall. I've got a bus to cart it to and from the locker and the union is booked from 11:30- 2:30pm. Although we're likely to need 2 hours at an absolute maximum.

Anyone who has got any other club gear lingering in there house now is a good time to return that aswell.

Blue wing people brining their own tent if you bring it to the union on that Saturday I will ensure it makes it onto the split van (This will give you more leg room on the bus!, also saves you carrying all of your shit in one go to the bus)

Also the Meadery is now booked for 5pm on the saturday! SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:47:33 PM by RichardN »
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline TafT

• Forum addict!
    • View Profile
    • FaceBookPage
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 12:55:19 PM »
Stinky Pete and I are coming from Friday 18th to Wed 23rd. We'll come in our own car as we are old farts, but will be camping. We've got our own tent.

Julia nudged me out a climbing hibernation so me+1 will be down for some of that time as another old fart.  I'll see about booking time off and confirming dates. 

As one of the wizened I take it I just give you a heads up of when I pan to come and go (which you pass on to the camp site?) then I pay when I am there? 

(God I just looked at it might have been 2007 when I was last at Splosh... that cannot be right can it?  Ahh good, eveidence that I was there and climbing in at least 2008 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.816186339238&type=1&l=0ffc2e9dff  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.816186468978&type=1&l=863d9e1f44 and that very long ago I was in the club :D https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.502960271788.2017995.36703088&type=1&l=b57d7ab785 I'm sure I went with my other 1/2 a while after that though I know I did little climbing that year )
My very old Facebook Profile Link Works Still! http://surrey.facebook.com/profile.php?id=36703088

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »
Stinky Pete and I are coming from Friday 18th to Wed 23rd. We'll come in our own car as we are old farts, but will be camping. We've got our own tent.

As one of the wizened I take it I just give you a heads up of when I pan to come and go (which you pass on to the camp site?) then I pay when I am there? 

Correct, I don't need much notice but knowing about the meadery before I leave for Cornwall would be good.

In previous years the campsite have charged us 6 per head per night( a 50p discount on normal rates) the club has charged everyone 6.50 on the principal that people aren't ending up paying more money out than if they didn't pay through club and it has helped to keep bus cost down.

However this year we haven't been offered that. So what I would like is for as many old farts as possible to pay their camping through me at the same rate as the campsite is charging us. (6.50)

Then because we will be "buying in bulk" I hopefully have a bit of leverage to ask for a little bit of money off, which would then sub the buses.

I don't need any more notice than the campsite man would, all I need is some money before you clear off home and the number of man nights your car has used.

In short:
It'll work out no more expensive for non-bus people (potentially cheaper as you aren't going to be charged for your car / having a big tent as the field is ours for the week), but it could help to keep bus costs down for impoverished students / be re-invested in the club to spend on all the usual shit.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:16:29 PM by RichardN »
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 01:47:14 PM »
In previous years the campsite have charged us 6 per head per night( a 50p discount on normal rates) the club has charged everyone 6.50 on the principal that people aren't ending up paying more money out than if they didn't pay through club and it has helped to keep bus cost down.

However this year we haven't been offered that. So what I would like is for as many old farts as possible to pay their camping through me at the same rate as the campsite is charging us. (6.50)
It was 7 a night in 2012.
purveyor of tat...

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »

It was 7 a night in 2012.

What you charged people? Or what the club was charged?

I am Nash, hear me roar