Author Topic: 5/12 - 6/12 Portland Trip: The one with all the sport  (Read 409 times)

Offline RichardN

• Master of bull!!
  • Mind like a cesspool, mouth like a drain.
    • View Profile
5/12 - 6/12 Portland Trip: The one with all the sport
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »
Roll up roll up

Freshers: No Safety Test Pass = No Trip

This is the last outdoors trip of the year heading down south to Portland for some bolt clipping based sport action.

For the uninitiated Sport is a different style of climbing more like leading indoors: the net result is that you're more likely to get to lead something, even if not you will probably do more climbing in a day than if it was Trad (I.e. freshers trip).

Buses will leave early saturday morning and blaze down. Climbing saturday.

We're staying in the bunker which is a great bunk house on portland. This year we are sharing the bunker so we are limited to 9 PEOPLE ONLY - also one of these 9 will have to crash on a bedroom floor or spoon it out. (It was the best I could do)

We will do club dinner on the saturday night at the usual cost of 3 so please hollah if you are a vegetarian or allergic to anything. Menu is likely to be red splat which is something approximating to bolognaise.

Potential for some club breakfast if people are keen probably around the 1.50 / 2 mark. (fry up)

Like I say only 9 spaces, anyone else wanting to come above that will need to day trip it or find another place to stay.

Total cost of trip will be 30 assuming the bus runs full (+3 for dinner) (+2?? For breakfast) (This is a tad more expensive than freshers trip because of the cost of the bunker).

One more thing: I'm not going because I'm off to watch the Mighty Quins destroy London Irish so I will need someone to be club cook and to pay the bunker lady. As per freshers trip I will do all the bus related faff on the friday evening.

You want to come?

Ofc you do!

Pay 33 into club a/c and post ref below or give to me in cash. First paid first served.

Peace Out
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:50:47 AM by RichardN »
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline Joe Potter

• USMC Committee '14
  • Far too much free time!!
    • View Profile
Re: 5/12 - 6/12 Portland Trip: The one with all the sport
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »
With climbs like "Seaman Stains" and "Master Bates" on offer what's not to love!?  :P
Also I don't mind playing deputy if people don't mind my cooking... or I can delegate cooking duties
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:13:51 PM by RichardN »

Offline klines-davies

• USMC Newbie!
    • View Profile
Re: 5/12 - 6/12 Portland Trip: The one with all the sport
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 02:29:34 PM »
I'll pay you at Ssp tonight :)