Author Topic: VM corporate sponcership  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Tor

• Master of bull!!
  • Blond Skank Monster
    • View Profile
VM corporate sponcership
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:07:38 AM »
We are hoping to get in contact with componies fairly soon as budgets for shoncership are being asigned within companies as we speak. I'm not sure how successful we will be as budgets are tight atm, and we had little success last time round. However you don't know until you try, so hear goes.

We plan on contacting as many companies as possible, we'll prob try all the shops in town however there are a few that we are thinking of particularly targeting:
  • Sainsburys
  • Tesco
  • Cotswalds
  • Blacks
  • Feild and Treck

Can anyone think of any other compaines which will have an invested intrest for sponcering us that we havent' thought of?

Also does anyone work for/ have contacts with a company that may be able to sponcer us.

Can't spell, won't spell

Offline Fat Alan

• Too many posts
    • View Profile
Re: VM corporate sponcership
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »
do mark/danie have sponsors? as it's happening at craggy then they might be able to wangle a donation?
stoopid ankle

Offline Tor

• Master of bull!!
  • Blond Skank Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
do mark/danie have sponsors? as it's happening at craggy then they might be able to wangle a donation?
not happening at craggy as they wont have us :(
Can't spell, won't spell

Offline blondie

• Too many posts
  • Not Mr Tinsley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »
Are there any large companies that are working on projects with the uni, they might be more interested than companies that have nothing to do with Surrey uni. Who is building the new sports center?

Offline Daz

• USMC Commitee '08!
  • Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:58:53 AM »
I still think Cotsworld is a good bet, I think Jess and James offered to go and in a speak to them, otherwise if they can't I would be willing to go in and talk to them :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather -- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Offline Adam W

• Master of bull!!
  • I'm watching you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »
there are loads of comapnies over at the research park who are always looking for local charities to sponsor. unfortunately your choice of mountain rescue will put a lot of companies off.
Find me on:

Offline Fraggle

• I need to get out more!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:12:44 AM »
I don't see why choice of Mountain rescue will put people off, there's loads more awwareness of what they do now thanks to TV programs recently showing what they get up to.

We are a mountaineering club, the event is mountaineering related so why not Mountain Rescue???

Offline blondie

• Too many posts
  • Not Mr Tinsley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
It would be interesting to find out if Mountain Rescue have stats about the people they rescue and where they come from. Mountain Rescue may not be a local charity but I bet there are lots of people in Surrey that have been helped by them or could need their help in the future.

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »
Companies generally only support local charities as it looks good for PR, it's the only reason companies give to charities, it's not because they're fluffy and like giving profit away.
purveyor of tat...

Offline Fat Alan

• Too many posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »
Companies generally only support local charities as it looks good for PR, it's the only reason companies give to charities,

not completely true - it's also good for making employees feel good about the company and can help with avoiding tax
stoopid ankle

Offline Tor

• Master of bull!!
  • Blond Skank Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:33 PM »
I dont think the companies will sponcer us unless there is something in it for them, which is why we plan on stepping up the advertisment, so we have a PR aspect.

Climbing shops obviously want the local buisness
we thought big companies like tesco's and Sainsburys might like the Gekos sapect as it fits with thier 'healthy kids activities' drive
but if you can convince a company you know it would be great :)
Can't spell, won't spell

Offline Chris K

• USMC Commitee '10!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »
Matt, would you like to become our first corporate sponsor?

Give us a fiver, and we can tell other companies that we already have businesses signing up..

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 04:21:25 PM »
If I start selling climbing gear before it I'll let you know ;)
purveyor of tat...

Offline Jonny

• USMC Commitee '09!
  • Forum addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:00:38 PM »
Mountain trek and travel.
That Rohan place.
Mofatts are slightly outdoorsy although more a trendy clothes place.
The newish Extreme place might in interested, they sponsor the ski club I do believe.

Offline Sian

• VM
  • Far too much free time!!
  • formerly 'Indeedy'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
i hate them, their staff know nothing about the products and called me rude for pointing out that the bag i was looking out must carry snowboards as that was what it was made for...
AUTISTIC FORECAST FOR TODAY: SCATTERED BRAINSTORMS

Offline Choad

• USMC Commitee '07!
  • Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 07:48:49 AM »
Ask Mountain Rescue to supply a list of all the business that have sponschered them in the last few years and then approach those companies (or alternatively do the research yourself). You'd know that the companies would be willing to sponther Mountain Rescue, so offer the Vertical Marathon as a vehicle through which then can shponser again.
I fought the wall and the, wall won.

Offline Fat Alan

• Too many posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
Ask Mountain Rescue to supply a list of all the business that have sponschered them in the last few years and then approach those companies (or alternatively do the research yourself). You'd know that the companies would be willing to sponther Mountain Rescue, so offer the Vertical Marathon as a vehicle through which then can shponser again.

:lol: that was a subtle ray of Pratchett-esque sunshine on my hungover morning, thank you
stoopid ankle

Offline James

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 08:57:38 AM »
Sainsbury and Tesco don't give donations to anyone. They have a string of charities they support yearly. We found that out last time.

I think we should be looking to get some sponsorship from a big UK climbing company. Since it will be of interest to climbers, they're some of the most likely to read articles about it, and if there's a big DMM banner in the background...... it's most relevant.

Offline blondie

• Too many posts
  • Not Mr Tinsley
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
Sainsbury and Tesco don't give donations to anyone. They have a string of charities they support yearly. We found that out last time.

I think we should be looking to get some sponsorship from a big UK climbing company. Since it will be of interest to climbers, they're some of the most likely to read articles about it, and if there's a big DMM banner in the background...... it's most relevant.

Should be of interest to any one that does sports in the country, walking, biking, paragliding.......

Offline Ali*

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
why not try Alpkit, they seem to be a nice company, and i know they have sponsered uni teams before, plus they might come and join in :)
Save a Cow (Horse)....Eat a vegetarian ;-)