Author Topic: VM corporate sponcership  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Dave

• USMC Commitee '10!
  • Spam lord!
    • View Profile
Re: VM corporate sponcership
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »
Asked my boss today said they'd sponsored stuff like fete's before etc..., he said could pass on an email to powers that be. he is from guildford too so knows a bit about the sports park. If someone who knows more about what would be required can pm me an email i'll pass it through and see what happens.

company is Atkins for people who didn't know :P
"climbing is like masturbation it feels good when you're doing it, but no one wants to hear about it"- Andy Kirkpatrick
"What single thing is the greatest obstacle between you and your climbing? Blank Rock" Leo Houlding

Offline famsi

• Far too much free time!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
Are there any large companies that are working on projects with the uni, they might be more interested than companies that have nothing to do with Surrey uni. Who is building the new sports center?

Bendcrete are building the climbing wall, I have a contact there, but not sure if they'd sponsor us as they're based in Sheffield. May be worth contacting them still though, I understand Jess has a contact there too...?

I also have a contact at Planet Fear, my cousin set up the company and once mentioned the possibility of sponsorship... It was a while ago though, but it might be worth speaking to him.
Liz ;)

Offline James

• I need to get out more!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »
Are there any large companies that are working on projects with the uni, they might be more interested than companies that have nothing to do with Surrey uni. Who is building the new sports center?

Bendcrete are building the climbing wall, I have a contact there, but not sure if they'd sponsor us as they're based in Sheffield. May be worth contacting them still though, I understand Jess has a contact there too...?

I also have a contact at Planet Fear, my cousin set up the company and once mentioned the possibility of sponsorship... It was a while ago though, but it might be worth speaking to him.

Once we get a date and contact MR we'll ahve a letter people can give to these companies. All good ideas!

Offline Chris K

• USMC Commitee '10!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 06:08:53 PM »
I'm just waiting for a date from you James, then i'll phone MR.

Offline Stick

• Vicky the nurse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »
Could try the climbing mags, even if they dont sponsor us they might put a piece in the mag to let more people know about us. (ditto to UKC)

Offline jessc

• USMC Commitee '09!
  • Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:58 AM »
Cotswolds are very interested in giving us corporate sponsorship ive been talking to them about gear, they can put up posters etc too

Offline nacnud

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 11:22:59 AM »
I'll ask dom from Rock On next time I see him,
I yam a tetrapod!

Offline Daz

• USMC Commitee '08!
  • Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 12:53:52 PM »
Cotswolds are very interested in giving us corporate sponsorship ive been talking to them about gear, they can put up posters etc too

I best make some posters then :o
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather -- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Offline Tor

• Master of bull!!
  • Blond Skank Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
my dad'#s company Flowsolve will sponsor us. have yet to say how much :)
Can't spell, won't spell