Author Topic: Marketting Vertical Marathon  (Read 807 times)

Offline Stinky

• USMC Committee '11
  • Forum addict!
    • View Profile
Marketting Vertical Marathon
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've started putting this message on a few other forums that i read, can i suggest that you guys and girls do the same. As many and varied forums as you lot read, even twitter it or FB if you can.

I was speaking to my Father who used to be a Marketting Manager and Viral marketting is a very cheap way of publishing and gaining interest. So if you could all make a small effort and post a message something like the below in other places you visit on the web it may have a viral/exponential effect....

Cheers

Pete

Hey everyone,

Our local climbing club will be holding a vertical Marathon the day before the London Marathon to raise money for the British Moutain Rescue Council. This involves around 50 members climbing 26 miles as a group effort. Individually each member will need to climb respective the height of the current worlds tallest building (over 832m). The website for this endeavour is...

http://www.verticalmarathon.co.uk/index.html

Now aswell as asking for a donation :0) i'm in need of some assistance. I need help in marketting this event to the larger nation, if you could blog about this on twitter, your facebook pages, my space, other forums etc it would be a great help. I'm trying to start a domino effect, also if anyone else wishes too i have press releases and statements ready if anyone has a close ear to friends or family in the Media.

Anyway please have a look at the website and if you think you can help out in any way then please get in touch :0)

Cheers and have fun

[Insert Name]
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUBBBBBIIIISSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Offline Fat Alan

• Too many posts
    • View Profile
Re: Marketting Vertical Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »
spam spam spam spam...i like it pete :) made a couple of minor changes for readability & spelling:

Morning,

Our local climbing club will be holding a vertical Marathon the day before the London Marathon to raise money for the British Mountain Rescue Council. This involves around 50 members climbing 26 miles as a group effort. Individually each member will need to climb respective the height of the current world's tallest building (over 832m). The website for this endeavour is...

http://www.verticalmarathon.co.uk

Now as well as asking for a donation :0) i'm in need of some assistance. I need help in marketing this event to the larger nation. It would be a great help if you could blog about this on twitter, facebook, myspace, forums, etc. I'm trying to start a domino effect, also I have press releases and statements ready if anyone has a close ear to friends or family in the Media.

Please have a look at the website and if you think you can help out in any way then get in touch :0)

Thanks and have fun,
stoopid ankle

Offline Fat Alan

• Too many posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »
oh could someone please correct the spelling of Fontainebleau and the Alps on the website? ta
stoopid ankle

Offline Daz

• USMC Commitee '08!
  • Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:51:30 AM »
oh could someone please correct the spelling of Fontainebleau and the Alps on the website? ta

Updating it today, so will do
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather -- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Offline Tor

• Master of bull!!
  • Blond Skank Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:55:34 AM »
oo Daz, is there any way you can include the VM pic of 2007?
Can't spell, won't spell

Offline Daz

• USMC Commitee '08!
  • Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:17 AM »
oo Daz, is there any way you can include the VM pic of 2007?

Will upload some of those, some I took the other day, update the sponsors, fix typos
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather -- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Offline Stinky

• USMC Committee '11
  • Forum addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:33 PM »
I have just spammed my whole friends list (about 657 peopleish) to invite them to join the facebook group. Can others do the same to try and get the ball rolling cheers

Pete
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUBBBBBIIIISSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!