Author Topic: Club Clothing 2015/2016 - The Plan  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Joe Potter

• USMC Committee '14
  • Far too much free time!!
    • View Profile
Club Clothing 2015/2016 - The Plan
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:49:18 PM »
Right, so here's the plan...

The Design
Here is the design, courtesy of my younger brother whose artistic talents are infinitely better than my own. Some feedback on this would be appreciated :)

The Options
I intend to offer cotton T-shirts (men's & women's) and hoodies only for this design, in probably half a dozen or so different colours (something like red, green, blue, black, orange, pink -all tbc) with the aim of keeping things simple. Both will have the USMC logo embroidered on the front and the design screen printed on the back. Prices will hopefully be around 15 for T-shirts and 25 for hoodies although this will depend on numbers.

The When
I will shout about this more probably around November time when you can start making decisions and paying for things. The deadline for payments and selections will be the 18th January 2016. This is a week after student loans get paid and also just after Christmas so those who didn't have money before Christmas should be able to pay; equally those unlikely to have money after Christmas because they bought too much in the sales can pay before Christmas - everyone's a winner! :D

The Other Stuff
I may do a re-run of an older T-shirt around April/May time too but I'll look into that later...

tl;dr...
Oooh look shiny picture!! Nothing is happening yet, listen out for more info around November! :)

UPDATE (2015-12-15): So the plan has gone to shit...!

I have the final design, I have a company that I'm planning on using but I don't have the time before Christmas to make this happen... call an EGM if you want

The plan with regard to options still remains the same and I'm hoping to be able to make this a priority after Christmas and have things properly in place by the end of January.

Sorry for the delay  :(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:53:46 PM by Joe Potter »

Offline MegaDave

• USMC Committee '14
    • View Profile
Re: Club Clothing 2015/2016 - The Plan
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »
This is badass. definitely will be getting a t shirt!!

Offline BethBeth

• Bionic Beth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:59:38 PM »
This is awesome Joe, and it's still the summer! (Even if the weather is trying not to be...) I'd be happy to order when the time comes :)

FYI - purple is better than pink :P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:45:19 PM by BethBeth »

Offline Novelty Matt

• Administrator
  • I need to get out more!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
Only suggestion get colours where print is black. Large patches of white are shit and sticky, the cliff in this instance and previous sleep drink climb repeat.
purveyor of tat...

Offline Ali*

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:46:50 PM »
maybe just invert the colours, then less white, problem solved?
Save a Cow (Horse)....Eat a vegetarian ;-)

Offline Mr. Crabb

• USMC Committee '14
  • Forum addict!
  • Resident knot enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »

Yeah, that would be my feedback.

Invert the colours and only then print the (now) white bits. Otherwise as Matt said it will be like 2 years ago or like the US marines style t-shirts which can get really sweaty when you are beasting it.
"Man, this route is just not my style."

"Technique is no substitute for power"- Ben Moon

"Spread your legs and trust the rubber." - Unknown

Offline Joe Potter

• USMC Committee '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 11:17:24 AM »

Invert the colours and only then print the (now) white bits. Otherwise as Matt said it will be like 2 years ago or like the US marines style t-shirts which can get really sweaty when you are beasting it.

There is a greater percentage of what is currently white than there is black so inverting the colours so printing that as a large block wouldn't really help. The bits that are currently white on that design will just be the T shirt colour, the only bits being printed will be the silhouettes in black - i.e. there was never going to be a white background printed, that'd just cost more and wouldn't look too good imo.

Offline Ali*

• Master of bull!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 04:54:43 PM »
I really like the picture, it made me smile a lot :-)

It was just an idea :-) 

I'm happy with what ever will be decided :-)

Yay backing out of a discussion at its bestest! :-)
Save a Cow (Horse)....Eat a vegetarian ;-)

Offline RichardN

• USMC Committee '14
  • Master of bull!!
  • Mind like a cesspool, mouth like a drain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

There is a greater percentage of what is currently white than there is black so inverting the colours so printing that as a large block wouldn't really help. The bits that are currently white on that design will just be the T shirt colour, the only bits being printed will be the silhouettes in black - i.e. there was never going to be a white background printed, that'd just cost more and wouldn't look too good imo.

Yeah minimal print is better, Matt is correct though any printing in white tends to look a bit shit. But that's down to what colour of t-shirt people pick.

I'm eagerly awaiting news on club lycra.
I am Nash, hear me roar

Offline Stick

• I need to get out more!
  • Vicky the nurse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 06:18:57 PM »
Could you put the year on it?

Offline Joe Potter

• USMC Committee '14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
I really like the picture, it made me smile a lot :-)

It was just an idea :-) 

I'm happy with what ever will be decided :-)

Yay backing out of a discussion at its bestest! :-)

Haha, thanks for the input anyway Ali :)

I have been thinking about the lycra. If I can find somewhere that will print garments you give them might be better to find our own leggings and get them printed. A lot of printing companies don't seem to do very offensive leggings :(

Could you put the year on it?

I see no reason why not :) Could put it at the bottom, below USMC? I'll try and add the date tomorrow and put a new version up. (edit: I'll put this up as soon as I can, I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had a proper internet connection for the last 2 weeks!  :()
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:16:01 PM by Joe Potter »

Offline Mr. Crabb

• USMC Committee '14
  • Forum addict!
  • Resident knot enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 02:08:28 PM »

I have been thinking about the lycra. If I can find somewhere that will print garments you give them might be better to find our own leggings and get them printed. A lot of printing companies don't seem to do very offensive leggings :(

I found Amazon is best for outrageous lyrca and you can possibly just use iron on transfers if it doesn't melt them!
"Man, this route is just not my style."

"Technique is no substitute for power"- Ben Moon

"Spread your legs and trust the rubber." - Unknown